I was looking for a quick and easy but delicious recipe that I could have mostly prepared when Philip got home about a week ago. I found this recipe on Stephanie Cooks and knew that it would be perfect, and I had everything I needed on hand. I actually started it earlier than I should have so before I put the brown sugar on the chicken I added some chicken broth, covered the pan and let it simmer a bit, I also let it continue to simmer just a little longer covered after putting the sugar on. This was the perfect simple weeknight dinner, absolutely delicious and i will definitely be making this one again.
Garlic Brown Sugar Chicken4 Servings, I halved the recipe for just the 2 of us.
As found on
Brown Sugar, 4 tsp unpacked
Chicken Breast, no skin, 12 ounces
Garlic, 1 clove
Butter, salted, 2 tbsp
Salt, 1 tsp
Pepper, black, 1 dash
1. Melt the butter in a frying pan
2. Brown the garlic in the butter
3. Add chicken breasts to garlic and butter and cook thoroughly, adding salt and pepper as you like it. (This is where I added chicken broth and simmered)
4. When chicken is fully cooked add brown sugar on top of each breast (1 tsp per breast)
5. Allow the brown sugar to melt into the chicken (about 5 minutes)
6. Serve, we ate it with green beans with slivered toasted almonds.